all materials submitted by
Dean Hall Room 9
|February 14||10:30 AM|
|February 15||11:30 PM|
|February 21||10:00 AM|
|February 24||9:00 AM|
|March 9||11:00 AM|
|March 15||12-2:00 PM|
U.S. Congressional Internship Program
Located in Washington, D.C., our nation’s capital, the U.S. Congressional Internship Program provides dynamic, capable, and ambitious UH-Mānoa students with a rare opportunity to work in one of four congressional offices in a city rich in historical and cultural significance. Interns will be invloved in a wide variety of intense, directed experience in public service. Interns will work an average of 40 hours per week while earning 12 academic credits to maintain full time status.
What the internship program offers:
- Funding to cover cost of attendance for the semester of the internship (based on resident tuition). A scholarship will be added to the student’s overall financial aid package.
- Airfare to and from Washington, D.C.
- Placement in and payment for a suitable dormitory for the semester
- Food and winter clothing allowance
- Stipend for incidentals e.g. ground transportation,concerts, etc.
To be eligible, students must be at the following levels by the starting date of the internship program.
- Level: Undergraduate
- Standing: Junior or Senior
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Residency: US Resident only
- Enrollment Status: Full-Time
- Excellent writing, communication, and people skills
- Prodigious work ethic and impeccable reliability
- Office computer experience (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Basic research capabilities
- Well organized with an eye for detail
- Professional demeanor
- Desire to learn
- Interest in public service